Leptotes bicolor is a miniature epiphytic orchid species, which originates from Brazil and Paraguay, where this miniature orchid enjoys warm temperatures and humid conditions.
Plants produce beautiful, white, fragrant flowers, which are large in size and enhanced with a vibrant shade of pink. The seed pods of Leptotes bicolor are edible, they can be used like vanilla, to flavour foods and drinks.
To head straight to the update for my Orchidarium, which was written as my Leptotes bicolor specimen came into flower for the very first time; where you can see photographs of this elegant orchid in bloom and find out more about this plant’s flowering, please click here.
To head straight to the next update for my Orchidarium, where you can see this same Leptotes bicolor specimen and discover how successful this plant’s second flowering was, please click here.
Articles that mention Leptotes bicolor:
- Sep. 2019 – An Update on the Orchids growing inside my Orchidarium (part four)
- Sep. 2019 – An update on the LED Lights, Misting Unit, & Equipment, inside my Orchidarium (part four)
- Aug. 2018 – Mini Miniature Orchids for Terrariums, Vivariums, and Bottle Gardens
- Aug. 2018 – Orchidarium Update (part three)
- Apr. 2018 – Orchidarium Update (part two)
- Dec. 2017 – Orchidarium update
- Sep. 2017 – Orchidarium Planting List
- Sep. 2017 – Building an Orchidarium
- Aug. 2015 – Beautiful Miniature Orchids to Grow in Terrariums
- Nov. 2014 – Planting List for Terrariums and Bottle Gardens