Macroclinium chasei is a mini-miniature sized orchid species from Peru, Brazil, and Bolivia. Another epiphyte – a plant that grows upon another plant, Macroclinium chasei plants produce small, fan shaped leaves and tiny white flowers. Macroclinium chasei originates from a wet and very humid environment. This diminutive Macroclinium species grows upon the twiggy branches and trunks of trees, growing in hot, evergreen, tropical forests.
This is not a very visible orchid; you’re unlikely to notice Macroclinium chasei plants in the wild, unless you stumbled across a host tree and experienced a very close encounter with this orchid. I am grateful that Macroclinium chasei plants are not easy to find, as Macroclinium chasei is a rare and endangered orchid, a plant that needs our love and protection. You might want to consider this plant’s scarcity before ordering Macroclinium chasei.
Articles that mention Macroclinium chasei:
- Dec. 2019 – BiOrbAir Review – Growing Miniature Orchids in the BiOrbAir (part twenty-three)
- Jul. 2019 – BiOrbAir Review – Growing Miniature Orchids in the BiOrbAir (part twenty-two)
- Jan. 2019 – BiOrbAir Review – Growing Miniature Orchids in the BiOrbAir (part twenty one)
- Aug. 2018 – Mini Miniature Orchids for Terrariums, Vivariums, and Bottle Gardens
- Feb. 2016 – Planting List for The Miniature Orchid Trial BiOrbAir Terrarium
- Aug. 2015 – Beautiful Miniature Orchids to Grow in Terrariums
- Nov. 2014 – Planting List for Terrariums and Bottle Gardens