Countries: New Zealand
Pellaea rotundifolia is a dark-green coloured, evergreen fern that enjoys bright, filtered light and consistently moist growing conditions. This is an ideal fern to plant inside a terrarium, vivarium, or bottle garden.
Pellaea rotundifolia’s common name is button fern, due to its rather lovely, dark green leaflets, which form an almost rounded, button shape and run along the plant’s stem like buttons on a shirt or coat.
Pellaea rotundifolia is endemic to New Zealand. Pellaea rotundifolia is a tender fern, which grows up to 30cm (12 inches) in height. Plant in moist, but well-drained soil.
To see my other ferns, please click here.
To see my Planting List for Terrariums and Bottle Gardens, please click here.
To read articles I’ve written about my terrariums and bottle gardens, please click here.
To see more houseplant pages with pictures and information on growing a wide range of indoor plants, please click here.
To read articles about houseplants, please click here.
Articles that mention Pellaea rotundifolia:
- Sep. 2019 – An update on the LED Lights, Misting Unit, & Equipment, inside my Orchidarium (part four)
- Sep. 2018 – Planting List of Beautiful Vivarium, Terrarium, and Bottle Garden Plants!
- Aug. 2018 – Orchidarium Update (part three)
- Apr. 2018 – Orchidarium Update (part two)
- Dec. 2017 – Orchidarium update
- Sep. 2017 – Orchidarium Planting List
- Sep. 2017 – Building an Orchidarium
- Nov. 2014 – Planting List for Terrariums and Bottle Gardens