Phalaenopsis appendiculata is a miniature epiphytic orchid species, which is endemic to Pahang, in Malaysia.
This is a mini, miniature orchid species, that has a reputation for being difficult to grow. If you’re growing Phalaenopsis appendiculata, take care to mist your plant’s roots regularly, and provide warm, humid conditions, with good air circulation. Position your plant in a location where your orchid will enjoy bright, but filtered, indirect light; avoid harsh light, which might scorch your plant’s leaves. Take care not to overwater your plants. Phalaenopsis appendiculata plants grow happily on moss covered branches.
If the plants are happy, Phalaenopsis appendiculata blooms readily; even as a young plant, this species is quick to bloom. Phalaenopsis appendiculata produces small, attractive white flowers, which are decorated with purple, spotted and striped markings. A notable feature of Phalaenopsis appendiculata blooms, is the flower’s column, which looks like a tooth or fang, giving this orchid a comical air. This distinctive appendage led to this Phalaenopsis species being named ‘appendiculata’.
You can see photographs of this Phalaenopsis appendiculata specimen in bloom, and find out more information about this plant’s growing conditions in this update here.
Articles that mention Phalaenopsis appendiculata:
- Sep. 2019 – An Update on the Phalaenopsis Orchids growing inside my Orchidarium (part four)
- Sep. 2019 – An update on the LED Lights, Misting Unit, & Equipment, inside my Orchidarium (part four)
- Mar. 2019 – An update on the Paphiopedilum and Phalaenopsis orchids inside my Rainforest Terrarium
- Mar. 2019 – An update on the Aerangis, Amesiella, and Angraecum orchids inside my Rainforest Terrarium
- Mar. 2019 – An update on the equipment inside my Rainforest Terrarium
- Sep. 2018 – Setting up my new Rainforest Terrarium
- Sep. 2018 – Rainforest Terrarium Planting List
- Aug. 2018 – Mini Miniature Orchids for Terrariums, Vivariums, and Bottle Gardens
- Aug. 2018 – Orchidarium Update (part three)
- Apr. 2018 – Orchidarium Update (part two)
- Dec. 2017 – Orchidarium update
- Sep. 2017 – Orchidarium Planting List
- Sep. 2017 – Building an Orchidarium
- Aug. 2015 – Beautiful Miniature Orchids to Grow in Terrariums
- Nov. 2014 – Planting List for Terrariums and Bottle Gardens