Phalaenopsis inscriptiosinensis is an epiphytic orchid species from Sumatra, where this small to medium sized orchid can be found growing upon trees in forested areas. Phalaenopsis inscriptiosinensis plants produce quite striking flowers. The reddish brown markings displayed over the soft yellow coloured petals have a resemblance to Chinese lettering – this orchid species’ common name is the Chinese Character Phalaenopsis – which is very apt.
This orchid species requires consistent growing conditions. Phalaenopsis inscriptiosinensis grows best in warm to hot temperatures; in areas that also enjoy a very humid environment. These orchids thrive under bright, filtered light, with regular and quite thorough watering.
Articles that mention Phalaenopsis inscriptiosinensis:
- May. 2021 – An Update on the Phalaenopsis & Other Orchids Inside my Tall Orchidarium
- Jan. 2021 – Tall Orchidarium Planting List
- Oct. 2020 – Building a Tall Orchidarium
- Mar. 2019 – An update on the Paphiopedilum and Phalaenopsis orchids inside my Rainforest Terrarium
- Mar. 2019 – An update on the Aerangis, Amesiella, and Angraecum orchids inside my Rainforest Terrarium
- Mar. 2019 – An update on the equipment inside my Rainforest Terrarium
- Sep. 2018 – Setting up my new Rainforest Terrarium
- Sep. 2018 – Rainforest Terrarium Planting List
- Aug. 2015 – Beautiful Miniature Orchids to Grow in Terrariums
- Nov. 2014 – Planting List for Terrariums and Bottle Gardens