Phalaenopsis inscriptiosinensis is an epiphytic orchid species from Sumatra, where this small to medium sized orchid can be found growing on trees in forest areas. Phalaenopsis inscriptiosinensis produces quite striking flowers, the reddish brown markings across the soft yellow coloured petals have a resemblance to Chinese lettering – this orchid species’ common name is the Chinese Character Phalaenopsis.
Phalaenopsis inscriptiosinensis requires consistent growing conditions, with warm to hot temperatures, within a very humid environment, under bright, filtered light, with regular and quite thorough watering.
Articles that mention Phalaenopsis inscriptiosinensis:
- Mar. 2019 – An update on the Paphiopedilum and Phalaenopsis orchids inside my Rainforest Terrarium
- Mar. 2019 – An update on the Aerangis, Amesiella, and Angraecum orchids inside my Rainforest Terrarium
- Mar. 2019 – An update on the equipment inside my Rainforest Terrarium
- Sep. 2018 – Setting up my new Rainforest Terrarium
- Sep. 2018 – Rainforest Terrarium Planting List
- Aug. 2015 – Beautiful Miniature Orchids to Grow in Terrariums
- Nov. 2014 – Planting List for Terrariums and Bottle Gardens