Phalaenopsis pallens is a small sized orchid species that hails from the Philippines. This is an epiphytic orchid species that grows upon trees in forested areas of Palawan, Bataan, Bukidnon, and Mindanao. Plants thrive in warm to hot temperatures and high humidity.
The name of this orchid: ‘Phalaenopsis pallens’ means the ‘pale Phalaenopsis’, which refers to this orchid’s yellow coloured flowers. There is quite large degree of variation in the colour of the flowers that Phalaenopsis pallens plants’ produce, varying from a soft creamy yellow colour to lemon yellow, to yellow ochre and even a zingy lime yellow tone.
Articles that mention Phalaenopsis pallens:
- Oct. 2020 – Building a Tall Orchidarium
- Mar. 2019 – An update on the Paphiopedilum and Phalaenopsis orchids inside my Rainforest Terrarium
- Mar. 2019 – An update on the Aerangis, Amesiella, and Angraecum orchids inside my Rainforest Terrarium
- Mar. 2019 – An update on the equipment inside my Rainforest Terrarium
- Sep. 2018 – Setting up my new Rainforest Terrarium
- Sep. 2018 – Rainforest Terrarium Planting List
- Aug. 2015 – Beautiful Miniature Orchids to Grow in Terrariums
- Nov. 2014 – Planting List for Terrariums and Bottle Gardens