Phalaenopsis thailandica is a miniature, epiphytic orchid species, which is endemic to Thailand. This miniature orchid’s common name is the Thailand Phalaenopsis.
I find that Phalaenopsis thailandica plants enjoy growing in warm, humid conditions, where they can bask in soft, indirect, filtered light. Phalaenopsis thailandica likes to be watered and misted regularly and thrives in high humidity.
Phalaenopsis thailandica produces very small, slightly fragrant flowers. One of my plants produces blooms that sometimes emit a soft and gentle, delicate rose perfume. I found that this miniature orchid’s perfume was very subtle; the scent could only be detected during a very close encounter with this plant’s flower.
I have a number of Phalaenopsis thailandica specimens; two plants are growing inside my Orchidarium, one of which is a Phalaenopsis thailandica specimen that I purchased as Phalaenopsis gibbosa. For a period of time I continued to misidentify this plant as Phalaenopsis gibbosa, when the plant was in fact Phalaenopsis thailandica. This plant was first grown inside my White Orchid Trial BiOrbAir Terrarium, before being moved to my Orchidarium. If you’re interested, you can see this Phalaenopsis thailandica specimen in flower inside my White Orchid Trial BiOrbAir Terrarium here.
Alternatively, click here to see this same Phalaenopsis thailandica plant in flower inside my Orchidarium, in June 2021.
Articles that mention Phalaenopsis thailandica:
- Jun. 2021 – An Update on the Phalaenopsis Orchids growing inside my Orchidarium (part five)
- Oct. 2019 – Phalaenopsis thailandica f. aurea
- Sep. 2019 – An Update on the Phalaenopsis Orchids growing inside my Orchidarium (part four)
- Sep. 2019 – An update on the LED Lights, Misting Unit, & Equipment, inside my Orchidarium (part four)
- Sep. 2018 – Rainforest Terrarium Planting List
- Aug. 2018 – Mini Miniature Orchids for Terrariums, Vivariums, and Bottle Gardens
- Aug. 2018 – Orchidarium Update (part three)
- Apr. 2018 – My National Collection of Miniature Phalaenopsis
- Apr. 2018 – Orchidarium Update (part two)
- Dec. 2017 – Orchidarium update
- Sep. 2017 – Orchidarium Planting List
- Sep. 2017 – Building an Orchidarium
- Aug. 2017 – White Orchid BiOrbAir Terrarium Trial (part four)
- Jun. 2017 – White Orchid BiOrbAir Terrarium Trial (part three)
- May. 2017 – White Orchid BiOrbAir Terrarium Trial (part two)
- Apr. 2017 – White Orchid BiOrbAir Terrarium Trial
- Aug. 2015 – Beautiful Miniature Orchids to Grow in Terrariums
- Nov. 2014 – Planting List for Terrariums and Bottle Gardens