Pyrrosia serpens is an epiphytic fern, which can sometimes be found growing as a terrestrial (on the ground). Pyrrosia serpens originates from New Zealand. This fern flourishes in warm temperatures, from 20C to 26C; although my fern is growing OK in a temperature range from 16C to 21C.
Pyrrosia serpens requires a very humid environment, it thrives when grown inside a terrarium.
This fern displays a creeping, spreading habit, it grows to only 5cm (2 inches) tall. For optimum results, grow Pyrrosia serpens as an epiphyte mounted on branches, or plant in compost, inside a terrarium.
Articles that mention Pyrrosia serpens:
- Sep. 2018 – Planting List of Beautiful Vivarium, Terrarium, and Bottle Garden Plants!
- Aug. 2018 – Orchidarium Update (part three)
- Apr. 2018 – Orchidarium Update (part two)
- Dec. 2017 – Orchidarium update
- Sep. 2017 – Orchidarium Planting List
- Sep. 2017 – Building an Orchidarium
- Nov. 2014 – Planting List for Terrariums and Bottle Gardens