Restrepia citrina is a miniature orchid species. This epiphytic orchid species is endemic to Colombia, where this lovely orchid species grows in cloud forests. For successful growing, you need to replicate the conditions that this Restrepia experiences in its natural environment. Restrepia citrina flourishes in cool to intermediate temperatures, in a very humid atmosphere. This miniature orchid species thrives when grown under soft, filtered, diffused light.
Restrepia citrina produces attractive lemon yellow coloured blooms, with dark maroon spotted markings. To see photographs of this orchid and find out more about Restrepia citrina and its flowering, please click here.
You can see this same Restrepia citrina specimen in flower inside my Orchidarium, in my Orchidarium Update.
You can see this same Restrepia citrina specimen’s next flowering and the plant’s growth and development inside this Orchidarium in my continuing Orchidarium updates, please click here.
To see the next update for this Orchidarium, which shows this same Restrepia citrina specimen in flower, please click here.
To see this same Restrepia citrina specimen flowering in the fourth update for my Orchidarium, please click here.
Articles that mention Restrepia citrina:
- Sep. 2019 – An Update on the Orchids growing inside my Orchidarium (part four)
- Sep. 2019 – An Update on the Phalaenopsis Orchids growing inside my Orchidarium (part four)
- Sep. 2019 – An update on the LED Lights, Misting Unit, & Equipment, inside my Orchidarium (part four)
- Aug. 2018 – Mini Miniature Orchids for Terrariums, Vivariums, and Bottle Gardens
- Aug. 2018 – Orchidarium Update (part three)
- Apr. 2018 – Orchidarium Update (part two)
- Dec. 2017 – Orchidarium update
- Oct. 2017 – Restrepia citrina
- Sep. 2017 – Orchidarium Planting List
- Sep. 2017 – Building an Orchidarium
- Aug. 2015 – Beautiful Miniature Orchids to Grow in Terrariums
- Nov. 2014 – Planting List for Terrariums and Bottle Gardens