Schoenorchis tixieri is a miniature, epiphytic orchid species, which originates from Vietnam and China, where it grows on trees growing in the outskirts of forests.
Schoenorchis tixieri has thick, leathery, textured leaves, which are very attractive, the growth habit and appearance of every Schoenorchis species is certainly very endearing.
Schoenorchis tixieri is very similar to Schoenorchis fragrans, so much so that the naming of Schoenorchis tixieri is currently under review.
Schoenorchis tixieri grows well in bright, indirect, filtered light, in a humid environment. These mini-miniature orchids are best grown mounted on cork or other tree bark, without the addition of any moss.
You can see this same Schoenorchis tixieri specimen that you see pictured above, in flower, in this update here.
You can follow this same Schoenorchis tixieri specimen and see every stage of this specimen’s flowering, in this update here.
Articles that mention Schoenorchis tixieri:
- Sep. 2019 – An Update on the Orchids growing inside my Orchidarium (part four)
- Sep. 2019 – An update on the LED Lights, Misting Unit, & Equipment, inside my Orchidarium (part four)
- Aug. 2018 – Mini Miniature Orchids for Terrariums, Vivariums, and Bottle Gardens
- Aug. 2018 – Orchidarium Update (part three)
- Jul. 2018 – Would you like to see my orchids that are flowering this week?
- Apr. 2018 – Orchidarium Update (part two)
- Dec. 2017 – Orchidarium update
- Sep. 2017 – Orchidarium Planting List
- Sep. 2017 – Building an Orchidarium
- Aug. 2015 – Beautiful Miniature Orchids to Grow in Terrariums
- Nov. 2014 – Planting List for Terrariums and Bottle Gardens